Overview and Job Description
The employer is a leading and extremely well established supplier of a wide range of exciting hardware products, and is looking to recruit a new Area Sales Manager to help grow the business.
The successful applicant will report to the Head of Sales within the company and will have an annual target of between £1.5 and £2 million.
The role will be to continuously develop sales by achieving agreed sales targets. Maintain and expand the customer base within the area by identifying and contacting businesses, and to influence them to buy the company’s products through the implementation of the agreed sales action plan. To work closely with the company’s branded products to ensure all sales opportunities are maximised.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure sales and margin targets are met and exceeded where possible.
- To ensure territory is managed to meet existing and potential new customers through effective area planning to maximise call rate.
- Regularly review and analyse customer activity to maximise range of products sold.
- Ensure information is communicated back to the business to ensure customer expectations are met.
- Quotes need to be with the customer within 24 hours of enquiry.
- Wherever possible minimise error rates on price queries, returns and credits.
- Work with the internal sales team to minimise any back orders; schedule and prioritise product requirements where required to meet customer needs.
- Provide forecasts to the business for budget and stock purposes.
- Deliver an annual sales action plan and monthly reports.
- Actively seek new business opportunities in line with the overall sales plan.
- Coordinate, manage and negotiate customer complaints
- There will be occasional requirement to train customers
Required experience and knowledge
- Previous industry experience, preferably in a sales position
- A level of technical competence in the product will be required and training will be provided to achieve this.
- IT literate and experienced in Microsoft Office software specifically excel
- To be able to work from home
- Have a rounded understanding of sales process
- Strong organisational and communication skills particularly written and verbal
- Excellent commercial awareness
- Demonstrable evidence of working with distribution businesses and it is desirable that the successful applicant will be experienced in selling components rather than a service
- Able to self-motivate, and a mindset to overcome obstacles; able to meet deadlines
- Be persistent and effective
- Full UK driving licence
Main Contacts for this Job
- Internal and external sales staff including Sales Office Manager
- Credit control and finance team
- Technical team including test centre
- Marketing and product management
- Warehouse team
- Supply chain team
- Links with the field sales team of the company’s supply chain partners
Major Results and/or Performance Levels Expected Out of the Job
- Achievement of sales target and to be knowledgeable of the mix of customers and contribution required to make the area profitable
- Bring back market information to the company and to be the expert on the market in the defined territory
- Salary commensurate with role
- Company car
- Health Insurance
- Bonus Scheme
For more information on this role, and/or to apply please contact Pace Resourcing on 0161 641 7423 firstname.lastname@example.org